In the wonderful framework of the Landmarks Valley, recognized as UNESCO heritage since 1979, the Centro Camuno of Studi Preistorici organize the annual recording rock-art fieldwork aims at the documentation of the rock art in the middle Valcamonica. Following the previous recording rock.art fieldworks, also this year the works will continue in the area of Foppe di Nadro – Riserva naturale incisioni rupestri di Ceto, Cimbergo e Paspardo (Valcamonica – Italy) on the concession of the MiC.
The fieldwork will be structured on 3 weeks, it is required the participation to at least 2 weeks.
In the first week, mandatory for who has not experience in the rock-art recording, the participant will learn the necessary competences to document rock-art:
• Identification of the rocks and preparation of the surfaces.
• Placing of the tracing sheets in nylon and recording.
• Use of the total station, georeferencing of the rocks, elaboration of the data in GIS.
• Archaeological photography of the engraved rocks.
• 3D recordings of rocks and engravings (SfM).
• Digitization of the tracings, processing and recomposition with computer in laboratory.
• Catalogue, analysis and comparisons with archaeological sources.
• Post-processing of the data gathered.
The activities of the fieldowork will start at 9 am of the 20 July, we advise to arrive the day before.
Available places: 10.
Participation: The first week is mandatory for who has no experience in the rock-art recording. The minimum participation is of two weeks.
Requirements: The fieldwork is addresses to everyone, priority will be given to students and graduates in archaeology or anthropology, history and art history.
Deadline: curriculm and participation form has to be send by June 2021 to:
Cost: 110 € plus the inscription to Centro Camuno di Studi Preistorici (40 €).
Lodging in Va lcamonica: The lodging is at the “Guest house” of the Natural Reserve in Nadro with an agreed upon price of 10 € per night. The guest-house has a kitchen
AT THE END OF THE FIELDWORK WILL BE GIVEN A PARTICIPATION CERTIFICATE TO OBTAIN CREDITS FOR THE UNIVERSITY