The Centro Camuno di Studi Preistorici organizes the annual rock art recording of the Foppe area in Nadro – Riserva naturale incisioni rupestri di Ceto, Cimbergo e Paspardo (Rock engravings Natural Reserve of Ceto, Cimbergo e Paspardo (Valcamonica – Italy) aimed at the completion of the rock art areas research in the middle Val Camonica. This year the Recording Rock-Art Fieldwork will take place from 22 June to 2 August, for who is interested in participating, it will be possible to choose the most opportune period. It is not obligatory to attend all the period (but of course possible), nonetheless it is required the participation to a minimum of two weeks.
Recording Rock-Art Fieldwork (available places 10 for each week)
Recording Rock-Art Fieldwork is aimed at recording the engraved rocks and the territory in which they are. The fieldwork will follow this methodology and the participant can work in one or more of the following activities:
• Identification of the rocks within the archaeological authorization and preparation of the rocky surfaces.
• Placing of the tracing sheets in nylon and recording.
• Recording with total station and georeferencing of the rocks.
• Archaeological photography of the engraved rocks.
• 3D recordings of rocks and engravings (Structure from Motion).
• Digitization of the tracings, processing and recomposition with computer in laboratory
• Catalogue, analysis and comparisons with archaeological sources.
• Post-processing of the data gathered.
The participation is mandatory for at least two continuing weeks, it will be given a priority to the people who will participate for more than two weeks.
The course is principally addressed to students and graduates in archaeology. People interested must send the application form for the participation by the 30th of April 2015, accompanied by the curriculum. Priority will be given to students and graduates in archaeology/anthropology (or related fields) and with experiences in rock-art recording. We would like to point out the possibility to participate at the Summer School organized be the CCSP, this Summer school is aimed to train in the recording and documentation activities, it will be held from 8 to 20 June 2015 the participation costs 300 € (more info www.ccsp.it)
The participation fee to the Fieldwork will be 70 € plus the inscription to Centro Camuno di Studi Preistorici (40 €).
By the 15th of May we will announce the list with the selected students.