In the wonderful framework of the Landmarks Valley, recognized as UNESCO heritage since 1979, the Centro Camuno of Studi Preistorici organize the annual recording rock-art fieldwork aims at the completion and integration of the documentation of the rock art in the middle Valcamonica.
Following the previous recording rock.art fieldworks, also this year the works will continue in the area of Foppe di Nadro – Riserva naturale incisioni rupestri di Ceto, Cimbergo e Paspardo (Rock engravings Natural Reserve of Ceto, Cimbergo e Paspardo) (Valcamonica – Italy) (on the concession of the Soprintendenza Archeologia della Lombardia). The Recording Rock-Art Fieldwork aimed at the complete documentation of the rock art and environment in which is inserted.
The fieldwork will follow this methodology and the participant can work in one or more of the following activities:
- Identification of the rocks within the archaeological authorization and preparation of the rocky surfaces.
- Placing of the tracing sheets in nylon and recording.
- Recording with total station and georeferencing of the rocks.
- Archaeological photography of the engraved rocks.
- 3D recordings of rocks and engravings (Structure from Motion).
- Digitization of the tracings, processing and recomposition with computer in laboratory.
- Catalogue, analysis and comparisons with archaeological sources.
- Post-processing of the data gathered.
Period: 18-31 July
Available places: 15
Requirements: The fieldwork is addresses to everyone, priority will be given to students and graduates in archaeology or anthropology (or related fields) and with experiences in rock-art recording.
Deadline: curriculm and participation form has to be send by June 2016 email@example.com
Cost: The participation fee to the Fieldwork will be 100 € plus the inscription to Centro Camuno di Studi Preistorici (40 €).
Lodging in Valcamonica: The lodging is at the “Guest house” of the Natural Reserve in Nadro with an agreed upon price of 10 € per night. The guest-house has a kitchen.
AT THE END OF THE FIELDWORK WILL BE GIVEN A PARTICIPATION CERTIFICATE TO OBTAIN CREDITS FOR THE UNIVERSITY